Pass your ABRSM Grade 6 Music Theory Exam with Flying Colours!
(Also available: This course with marking of all assignment included!)
It can be a challenge to find a teacher for the higher music theory grades (6-8), and it can be a frustrating to find the time for lessons.
Join the Mymusictheory Grade 6 video course and take your lessons when it suits you, in the knowledge that your teacher has already coached hundreds of students through their exams and is only an email away to help you!
This is a 15 week course. Please ensure you have ample time to work through everything before your booked exam.
- You should already have passed (or are expecting to pass after recently taking) ABRSM or Trinity Grade 5 Music Theory before joining this course.
- You will need to commit to 2-3 hours' a week of study if you wish to complete the course in 15 weeks
- There is no time limit for completing the course. The materials will remain available to you after the 15th week with no limits on access
Each week you'll get:
- Lessons on Harmony/Figured Bass
- Lessons on Composition
- Lessons on General Knowledge required for the score based questions (4 and 5 in the exam).
Please click here for the full curriculum.
Lessons are delivered by:
- Video (approx. 5 hours in total)
- Text on screen
- PDF Handbook to download - contains all lesson notes, assignments and suggested answers where possible.
The course includes weekly assignments
- Assignments cover harmony, figured bass, composition and score-reading
- You will get a total of 15 harmony/figured bass tasks, 10 composition tasks and 15 score-based questions tasks
- Weekly assignments include listening activities (links/videos all provided)
- Please note that the course does not include marking of past papers, but that this can be arranged
There is a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the course.