Grade 6 Harmony Course £60 (c.15 hours)
We offer a structured, assessed, step-by-step harmony course which is delivered by pdf, with accompanying homework tasks.
Correspondence with your teacher is by email.
This course is suitable for anyone who has just passed grade 5 theory and wishes to continue with grade 6.
It can also be used as a revision/refresher course if you are taking the exam in roughly a month's time.
Download a sample page from this course in My Account > My Downloads > Freebies
- 15 x 1-hour lessons via PDF file.
- Each lesson contains homework tasks which will be marked by MyMusicTheory.com, with guidance and comments given.
- Covers everything you need to know for questions 1 (harmonising a melody) and 2 (realising a figured bass) in the grade 6 exam.
- The course can be completed in your own timeframe. Files will be available to download fo 1 year following payment.
- You are encouraged to ask questions throughout the course.
This unique course takes you from being a complete novice at harmony to being able to score top marks in the grade 6 exam.
Your knowledge of harmony will be built up one step at a time - we don't overload you with rules or complicated techniques.
Each lesson comprises roughly 3 pages of A4 (sometimes longer if there are lots of music examples), and should take around one hour to read and understand. There is a page (occasionally 2) of homework after each lesson which will help you to internalise what you have learnt. We'll return your homework with corrections and advice within 48 hours (weekends excluded).
The material also includes extra practice questions for both harmonisation and figured bass. Marking is not included for the supplementary exercises, but can be arranged.