Music Theory Video Courses & Lessons
Video is a great way to learn about music theory. The combination of visuals, text and sound work together to make a really effective learning environment.
I've created a collection of music theory video courses and lessons, which I'm sure you'll find useful!
Music Theory Video Courses by MyMusicTheory
"I have found this course so clear and easy to follow and it has changed my whole way of looking at it [the exam] now.
Some basic foolproof steps and guidelines have clarified the whole section for me. I checked my Music Theory Grade 5 results online.
I got 97%! A distinction! I am delighted.
I needed the extra help of doing this course. Your instruction is so easy to follow and perfectly clear and enlightening".
Choose a course....
Why join a MyMusicTheory video course?
- Access your course 24 hours a day, at your own convenience
- Access your course on your PC/Mac or mobile device
- Lifetime access to the course materials
- Watch each lesson as many times as you like
- Watch step-by-step lessons and demonstrations
- Qualified, experienced teacher, on hand to help you at all times
- 30-day satisfaction money back guarantee
- Secure, protected payments
- PDFs included
See all the current MyMusicTheory Video courses here https://mymusictheory.zenler.com/abrsm-courses
In my video courses, you'll find in-depth, structured, comprehensive courses, suitable for anyone who wants to take music theory seriously and/or do brilliantly in a music theory exam.
Are These Courses for Me?
These video courses are designed for learners of all ages, and you don't need any special software or technological skills in order to use them! Simply sign up to the course(s) that interests you, and jump right in!
The videos will play directly in your internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox etc.), and are designed to also work well on smart phones and ipads.
Video courses are especially effective for learners who like to watch demonstrations. Each course also comes with a PDF file of course notes which you can download. You can then print this off and use this for reference, write your own notes and comments on it, and most PDFs also include practice exercises so you can immediately test your understanding by having a go yourself.
Who Teaches the Courses?
All the courses were made by myself - Victoria Williams BA Mus. I have a degree in music, (specialising in musicology), from the University of Leeds, and over a decade of experience teaching music theory, with an emphasis on ABRSM exam preparation, to students around the globe. All the materials have been tried and tested on real human students, and have proven themselves to be effective - my students generally gain top marks in their exam (and so can you!)
Do the Courses Use UK or USA Musical Terms?
Both! I am British and normally use the UK term first. When I'm speaking I will also give the US term if it is different (e.g. "crotchet" in the UK is "quarter note" in the USA). In the PDF files USA terms are either given in brackets, or written as a separate section.
Interested, but not sure if it's for you?
You're not alone! Video courses are still quite a new phenomenon. But don't worry - it's easy to dip your toe in without committing to anything!
- All of the courses include FREE PREVIEW lessons. You can watch a selected number of videos without even signing up to the video school.
- Some courses are FREE TO JOIN. Even if you are not interested in the topic, feel free to join a free course to see how it looks once you are enrolled, and how the videos display on your PC/ipad/phone.
- All courses include a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. If you are not happy with your course, just let me know within 30 days and your fee will be refunded in full.
I also have a YouTube Channel, where you'll find lots of free, short, easy-to-follow and straight-to-the-point videos on Grade 5 Music Theory topics, as well as a few others on other grades and general interest items like composition. You can also subscribe to my YouTube Channel for updates about new videos.
Thanks for watching!