Grade Five Music Theory - Instrument Composition Training
- This is an intensive course, delivered by email, open to anyone of ABRSM grade five music theory candidate level.
- There are seven lessons, which will be sent to you one at a time.
- Each lesson has a homework task.
- You will need to be able to scan or photograph your answers to the homework, to return them by email.
- Your homework will then be marked and the next lesson sent. You will receive individual feedback.
- You can work at your own pace.
- The course will train you in a method for answering the Grade 5 (ABRSM) composition question. Please note that is not a general composition course - it is specifically designed for answering the Grade 5 question on writing a melody for an instrument.
- Places are limited. If the "Buy Now" button is not showing on this page, it means that I do not currently have any vacant places. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve the next vacant place if that is the case.
- The cost of the whole course is just 25.00 GBP (British Pounds).
The course will include:
- phrases and structure
- shaping a melody
- diatonic sequencing
- performance directions
Did you know...?
- The composition question in the grade 5 music theory exam is worth 15 points - it could make the difference between a pass or a fail, or getting a distinction!
- It's marked in a complicated way - you are expected to use your all-round knowledge of music theory to make a good composition.
- It DOES matter how neat your work is.
- There is no "one right answer" for the composition questions, but there are lots of things which would be most definitely "wrong!". Do you know what they all are?
- Most instrument teachers don't have much time to teach composition, but it's an important part of the exam.
- You can learn some top tips really quickly to boost your score!
- You don't have to be a budding Mozart to do well in the composition question.