Grade 5 Music Theory Revision Course by Email
- For students taking ABRSM Grade 5 Music Theory in the next session (5th March 2014 in the UK*)
- Improve your marks - get a merit or distinction!
- Price: £49.99
- Closing date for enrollment: 1st February 2014. ENROLLMENT NOW CLOSED
- Next Course: May 2014. Please register for email updates!
*You don't need to be registered for this specific exam in order to take part.
- On payment you will be able to download a test designed to see what you already know and what you need to work on.
- You should return this asap. You will need to be able to scan or photograph the test and email it back to us.
- We will return your marked test with a result and detailed comments about the topics you need to improve on.
- We will then make a program of study for you, choosing from the following topics:
- key signatures,
- time signatures,
- clefs, instruments,
- transposition and
- composition (double topic)
- We’ll advise you which eight topics would benefit you most (but you can negotiate if you don’t agree with our choice!) (Please note that composition counts as two topics).
- You can download all topics using the "My Downloads" link when you are logged in.
- For each topic there is a homework task which should be returned to us for marking and comments. You can of course ask if you have any questions or still don't understand something.
- About three days before the exam (or earlier, if you are ready), we'll send you a complete mock test. We'll mark it and send it back to you to asap, plus some extra revision and last minute tips material.
- The course is suitable for adults or young people working alone, or younger children with parental help.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! We are so confident that you will pass your grade 5 theory with us, that we will be happy to refund the entire cost of the course if you don't pass. The only condition is that you have actually completed all the lessons and homeworks we send you, including supplementary/remedial tasks if we have sent them.
On average, our previous students have increased their marks by 43 points after following the MyMusicTheory.com grade 5 revision course. (Lowest increase 25 points, highest increase 66 points), based on the entry test we give at the start of the course and their grade in the actual exam.
PREVIOUS STUDENTS HAVE SAID:
"I have received some very good news: I attained a merit (87%) in my grade 5 theory exam. I would never have even been in a position to sit the exam this year if it hadn’t been for your help. Thank you for your wonderful support and dedication. Your excellent training package, clear explanations and fast turnaround times were greatly appreciated. The theory will certainly be useful as I proceed to Grade 6 piano."
Teresa, December 2013
"Good news all round - Yusef got 91% - that means you pushed him from a pass to a distinction. Your composition tutoring really gave him that boost he needed. He said that he had found the composition on the paper "easy"! That was all down to your tips.
Thanks so much."
(From Yusef's Mum) July 2013
"Just to let you know that Milly got 89 in her Grade 5 theory exam – such an improvement on her initial score in the mock test all those weeks ago. Thank you for your wonderful course. I KNOW she wouldn’t have achieved such a great score without your fabulous system!
(From Milly's Mum) July 2013
"I just wanted to say thank you for the detailed feedback on my mock exam. I've learned from it in several ways. It has drawn my attention to the ways in which I make silly mistakes, eg not reading the question properly, not checking answers, not notating accurately.
Also, I think your feedback on the composition question has shown me where I'm going wrong there. I may be a bit slow on the uptake, but I seem to be getting there with your input!
The revision course was very useful and well worth the fee. Also, the revision notes, for a last minute memory boost."
Bren: Passed Grade 5 with 95/100 in November 2012.
"I want to thank you for helping me so much during the time before the exam.
You really helped me a lot, without you I would have got a different result. Well I got (you probably won't believe this) ... DISTINCTION!!!
I just want to thank you again for making things so clear/easy for me. Remenber how I didn't even pass the entry test you gave me before the start of the course! Thank you so so much for helping me out."
Rosia (aged 9): Passed Grade 5 with 93/100 in November 2012.
"Just to let you know that Annabelle got a distinction - 96/100, so v pleased"
(From Annabelle's Mum) November 2012
"Katy passed her grade 5 with a merit (84)!
Thanks for your help"
(From Katy's Mum) November 2012
"Just to let you know that Alex got a distinction with 92%!!!
Many thanks for your excellent tuition and help!!"
(From Alex's Mum) November 2012