Grade 5 Composition Training
- Category: Coaching
- Created on Monday, 24 October 2011 15:23
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 October 2013 17:31
- Hits: 13053
Grade Five Music Theory - Instrument Composition Training
- Intensive email course
- For students who are ABRSM grade five music theory candidate level
- 7 lessons, sent immediately on payment
- 7 homework tasks
- £25 inclusive of marking
- You'll need to be able to scan or photograph your answers to the homework, to return them by email.
- Your homework will then be marked and returned to you. You'll receive individual feedback.
- You can work at your own pace.
- The course will train you in a method for answering the Grade 5 (ABRSM) composition question. Please note that is not a general composition course - it is specifically designed for answering the Grade 5 question on writing a melody for an instrument.
- The cost of the whole course is just £25.00 (British Pounds).
Please log in to purchase
The course includes:
- Phrases and structure
- Shaping a melody
- Diatonic sequencing
- Performance directions
Did you know...?
- The composition question in the grade 5 music theory exam is worth 15 points - it could make the difference between a pass or a fail, or getting a distinction!
- It's marked in a complicated way - you are expected to use your all-round knowledge of music theory to make a good composition.
- It DOES matter how neat your work is.
- There is no "one right answer" for the composition questions, but there are lots of things which would be most definitely "wrong!" Do you know what they all are?
- Most instrument teachers don't have much time to teach composition, but it's an important part of the exam.
- You can learn some top tips really quickly to boost your score!
- You don't have to be a budding Mozart to score top marks in the composition question.