Monday, 24 October 2011 Coaching Hits: 14614
Grade Five Music Theory - Instrument Composition Course
> You can also purchase this course with the Grade 5 Revision Course as a package and save £5! Click here.
Intensive email course tailored to the ABRSM grade 5 composition question marking criteria
- For students who are ABRSM grade five music theory candidate level
- 5 lessons, available to download immediately on payment
- 5 homework tasks each comprising questions on the lesson material and a complete composition, marked according to ABRSM criteria
- Fee £25 inclusive of marking and any questions you may have.
- You'll need to be able to scan or photograph your answers to the homework, to return them by email.
- Your homework will then be marked and returned to you. You'll receive individual feedback.
- You can work at your own pace - the course is valid for 1 year.
- The course will train you in a method for answering the Grade 5 (ABRSM) composition question. Please note that is not a general composition course - it is specifically designed for answering the Grade 5 question on writing a melody for an instrument.
- The cost of the whole course is just £25.00.
Please log in to purchase
The course lessons are:
- Rhythm, the Anacrusis and Writing a Complete Melody
- Adapting the Given Opening
- Shape and Direction
- Harmonic Foundation
- Performance directions
These are all aspects of the melody which are graded by the ABRSM examiners. Please see the marking criteria here.
Also covered within these lessons are: "unity of style", "phrase structure", suitability to the instrument, and style/character.
Did you know...?
- The composition question in the grade 5 music theory exam is worth 15%- it could make the difference between a pass or a fail, or getting a distinction!
- It's marked in a complicated way - you are expected to use your all-round knowledge of music theory to make a good composition.
- It DOES matter how neat your work is.
- There is no "one right answer" for the composition questions, but there are lots of things which would be most definitely "wrong!" Do you know what they all are?
- Most instrument teachers don't have much time to teach composition, but it's an important part of the exam.
- You can learn some top tips really quickly to boost your score!
- You don't have to be a budding Mozart to score top marks in the composition question.